Thursday, January 12, 2006

Poster












Well, it's like this:

As the birthplace of Chin Peng, and the place where he spent most of his early life, Perak is the most prominently featured Malaysian state in Lelaki Komunis Terakhir. From a tender age, if you were to ask me to name a single thing that I would link with Perak, it would be the pomelo fruit. So I knew right off the bat that our poster needed a pomelo ... or more.

The fact that the pomeloes have eyes can be attributed (or blamed) to the designer Deepak Kumaran Menon. I cunningly got him to do this for very little money by choosing his movie Chemman Chaalai as one of my 5 favourites in one of those celebrity year-end polls . The Men At Work signs were the inspiration of our composer Hardesh Singh.

And it's a cartoon because no live pomeloes were willing to pose for us.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

found you!

have always watched your films, though always at the back of the cinema/hall :)

look forward to this.

9:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe i found you!

7:43 pm  
Blogger Aida Halim said...

oh yes!! i found you too.. yay!

2:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

durians pomeloes
erm...
fruitful fruity

3:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey found you too ; ) Btw, I'll be going to HKIFF this year.

12:19 am  
Blogger Amir Muhammad said...

Bagus! I'll be in HK from 9-14 April, it looks like.

3:53 pm  
Blogger TROUBADOURS said...

ohmigod, i can't believe the poster! ha ha ha ha...

3:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most likely I'll be in HK from 8-14 April. It'd be great encountering some familiar faces there.

Eye-popping poster (pun intended). Would've sent you some pomeloes if I'd known you'd needed them...!

12:06 am  
Blogger Michael Guillen said...

Oh my god, we've ALL found you ALL at once. This might require some air conditioning.

I want one of those posters. I want to be the FIRST in San Francisco to have one. Please?

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home